There’s no better way of welcoming the new season than with an outdoor seating area. Operating an outdoor patio or pavement seating area can generate hundreds of extra dollars of additional profits as it allows you to increase your number of cafe tables and chairs, without having to expand the interior. A warm and welcoming patio can also bring new customers to your cafe since it acts as a form of advertisement for your establishment.
Assuming you’ve got the space and permission to utilise your outdoor space, we’ve put together some tips to help you set things up.
- Give it a good clean – After the winter months it’s time to give your patio area a thorough clean. Make sure your space is free from debris and chewing gum, windows are washed, and any fencing is in a good state of repair. If you’ve already got outdoor furniture give it a thorough clean and make sure it’s in good condition. If you’re looking to purchase new cafe furniture make sure it’s designed for commercial use and is weatherproof and UV treated.
- Make it inviting – Since this seating area is going to serve as an advertisement for your cafe it’s important that it attracts attention for all the right reasons. Don’t just set out a few generic plastic chairs and tables and leave it at that; instead choose colours and styles of outdoor furniture which represent your brand and complement the décor of your inside space.
- Map out a seating plan – Naturally you want to set up as many tables and chairs as you can on your patio area but also make sure you have sufficient staff to cope with the additional customers. You might also want to consider the type of clientele your cafe caters for when choosing your furniture. Normally tables are turned around fast in a cafe setting so a variety of small cafe tables might work best. It’s also a good idea to consider polypropylene furniture, stainless steel, or synthetic wood since these materials are comfortable and durable in all weathers, and look pretty good too.
- Offer some shade – It’s also important to provide shade to protect your customers from the elements. Although a few people like to enjoy the hot sun, most people prefer to eat and drink in the shade. There’s a wide variety of umbrellas to purchase today which are perfect for patios and the extra large variety are often supplied with cantilevered arms, which makes setting up a doddle. Alternatively, you may want to consider a retractable awning.
- Keep out the bugs – Warm weather has the unfortunate effect of bringing out those annoying bugs so you might want to consider installing screens around your patio to keep them at bay. Also avoid flowers in planters which might attract bees and choose trailing ferns and ivy’s instead.
Here at Cafe Solutions we stock a wide range of outdoor cafe furniture in a variety of sizes, styles, colours, and materials, so you’re sure to see something that takes your eye. If you like all things designer, then you can save money with our replica designer chairs including the Ribbon Chair, Grace, Olive, and Stephanie chairs. Lightweight and stackable they’re perfect for creating a stylish setting. Alternatively, why not go Mediterranean with our delightful rattan furniture? Browse or online store or if you want to see the furniture first hand, then please feel free to call into our Brendale showroom. If you need any more information on any of our products then don’t hesitate to call us on (07) 3205 116.