If you’ve been hunting high and low for a particular type of bar stool in Melbourne then perhaps we can help. We stock a wide range of bar stools in an assortment of styles, materials, and heights.
When you’re in the market for a bar stool your biggest challenge is likely to be choosing from the huge variety on offer. A bar stool will add personality to your space. Take a few minutes to consider the options below to help you choose the right bar stool for your needs.
5 tips for choosing the perfect bar stool in Melbourne
- Decide on the height – Knowing which height of stool is crucial since your customers want to be able to reach the table or countertop and still have room for their knees. We stock 3 sizes of stools: 46 cm – small stools, 66 cm medium stools and 76 cm tall stools. Our small stools are designed to be paired with our standard café tables whereas our medium stools are intended to be sat beneath a bar counter. Our tall stools are perfect for using with poseur tables or dry bar tables, as we prefer to call them.
- Consider style and comfort – Consider the type of available bar stools. Your options include backless stools, stools with a backrest, swivel stools, stools with adjustable seats, upholstered stools and stools with or without arms. Also, consider comfort. A cushioned seat makes it more comfortable for those sitting for any duration and a backrest also offer more support to the person being seated. A good tip is to decide whether you want your customers to drink up and go or stay longer and order some food. This is the best way to determine just how much comfort to give them!
- Match your décor – The next thing is to consider your décor and the type of ambience you are trying to create. The first thing people notice about a bar stool in Melbourne or elsewhere is its style. You need to choose one that fits your space and complements your décor. This includes its frame, colour, upholstery, and the overall feel of it. If you have a traditional setting, then a wooden ladderback stool or a bentwood stool could be a good choice. If, on the other hand, you have an industrial theme, then a Tolix bar stool makes a great choice as do our Detroit stools which takes their inspiration from the original turner industrial stool.
- Consider its versatility – Think about your stool’s function and where you want to use it. For example, if you want a bar stool that can be used indoors and outdoors then ensure that it’s suitable for both. If storage is limited, then choose a stool that stacks.
- Find a good fit – Finally, measure your space so that you know how many stools you can fit in. For example, if you’re grouping stools around a communal table then steer clear of stools with armrests as this will reduce the number of people you can accommodate. If a stool swivels, then also make sure there is room for a person to swivel around to talk to the person seated next to them.
Now you know the factors to consider why not head over to our on-line store to conduct your search for a barstool in Melbourne. Better still, why not visit our sister sites Café Chairs in Melbourne and Café Furniture Melbourne and get your bar stools delivered to your door.