Farm-to-fork dining has been in existence for a long time, and it is still gaining momentum because lots of young adults are considerably aware of where their food emanates from.
The National Restaurant Association states that 38% of adults are likely to choose a restaurant that serves locally sourced meals over one that doesn’t. 20% of adults similarly responded about purchasing locally sourced wine, beer, and spirits.
Besides, buying locally sourced produce is a trend now; locally sourced food has its significant benefits and selling point. This article covers reasons why buying local is best.
Why Buy Local
1) It Tastes Better: The ultimate point of locally sourced food is that your recipes will seem improved and new. Local produce is best at its peak and can get to you within a few days.
By serving locally sourced meals, you’ll increase your chances of hitting restaurant revenue targets and retaining your customers; It makes your meals healthier, tastier, and more appealing to your customers.
When it comes to food, the freshest choice is primarily local. Most imported produce is picked weeks before it gets ripe, and often the color, taste, and texture may not have developed fully. Besides, all chefs love to use fresh and high-quality products.
2) Budget Friendly: Purchasing local products is excellent for your wallet. When buying imported food ingredients, you might run into additional shipping fees, which could increase over time.
Your distributor’s price and that of local vendors may seem similar, but with locally sourced ingredients, the flavors and freshness are always intact. Locally sourced produce saves your business more money by eliminating additional expenses and reducing food waste.
3) It Offers Great Health Benefits: Healthy customers are happy, and satisfied customers bring in more profits. When vegetables and fruits are ripe, they are at their healthiest.
Bringing a 24hr farm to your kitchen table rather than a week’s duration can make a huge difference. Furthermore, if your customers’ ordering patterns do not change, adding local fruits and vegetables to their diet will make a difference.
4) Creative Menu Options: One great way to improve your menu is by adding local produce on a seasonal basis; because most crops grow continuously every year.
However, you can get creative and design a special menu of what’s in season. For example, if your restaurant is around areas where bell peppers are grown, it would be fun and trendy to mix ripe bell peppers into your menu dishes.
5) Improve Your Restaurants Image: Locally sourced products are the latest trend because they greatly benefit your local economy; it shows that you care about what your customers eat.
Using locally sourced food in your restaurant will significantly improve your marketing strategies. Promoting this on your social media accounts, website, and other of your marketing channels will bring in a stream of steady revenue.
On A Final Note;
Cafe Solutions has affordable and high-quality furniture ranging in various colors and designs that will perfectly match your cafe/restaurant decor and theme. Visit our website now to see more of our furniture.